The Great Lakes Big Rivers Climate Workshop was held in December of 2018 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The workshop helped educators, conservation professionals, natural resource managers, and outreach professionals recommend management practices respond to changes in climate.
Workshop topics included:
– Agriculture and Natural Resources
– Community Development
– Human Health
– Youth Engagement in Climate
– Communicating about Climate
- Jim Angel – Fourth National Climate Assessment, Vol II – Impacts, Risks, and Adaption in the United States
- Dennis Todey – Climate Hubs and You
- Greg LaBarge – Nutrient Management Challenge of Reducing Field P Contribution
- Dean Baas – Cover Crops and Resilience
- Molly Woloszyn – The National Integrated Drought Information System in the Midwest
- Andrea Webster – Moving Towards Community Resilience
- Melissa Widhalm – Climate Change in Flyover Country
- Rebecca North – Reservoir Observer Student Scientists
- Elena Grossman – Climate Change and Human Health
- Derrick Snyder – Air Quality and Health
- Hans Schmitz – Developing a Severe Weather Plan
- Aaron Wilson – Regional Climate Shifts
- Julie Doll – Climate Change Communication
This workshop was a part of the North Central Region One Water Action Forum which took place December 11-13, 2018. The Great Lakes Big Rivers Climate Workshop, hosted by the North Central Climate Collaborative, was held on the first day of the forum, Tuesday December 11th.